Although bikini season has been long over for us in Vancouver, I had a bunch of ladies over the summer ask me about where I had purchased some of the bikinis I posted on Instagram (here and here). I figured I would write this post for those of you going on trips this winter, or just looking to stock up on cute, affordable bikinis for next summer!
I get excited to buy new bikini’s every summer but I hate how much they can cost! Living in Vancouver, we get around three months of beach weather, so I have a hard time justifying over $100 for a bikini set. This summer I was casually browsing Aliexpress and accidentally came across all the bikinis being sold on there. I went a little crazy and ordered around 5 of them in one night. Which was a bit foolish since I have gotten burned buying clothes online from Asia, only for it to show up not looking anything like it looked like on the model. But luckily for me, all of them showed up and looked exactly like their photos!
6 Quick Tips for Purchasing Cheap Bikinis
- Make sure to carefully read the size guide, most likely, you will have to order a size up! I normally fit a size 2-3 in bottoms and XXS/XS in tops, but I do order a medium when I order bikinis. They typically only come in the same size for top and bottoms. So if you have very different proportions (e.g. large in tops and xs in bottoms) you may need to find sellers that let you order them separately.
- Read reviews! The thing I love about Aliexpress is how often people will leave reviews and photos for products purchased. A lot of times the photos of the models aren’t 100% what the actual bikini fits like. I try to look at the ones with photos to give myself an idea of what it actually looks like on a real person.
- Always find sellers who use Epacket! I had so many issues last Christmas with items I ordered from China with free shipping showing up to my door 5 months after ordering it. So frustrating! I always find sellers who ship Epacket and pay extra for it. From my experience, it typically has taken no longer than 14 business days for it to arrive at my door. It’s totally worth the extra cost.
- It’s not going to be 100% perfect! Some of the bikinis I received had a few questionable sewn seams or maybe the strap was a tiny bit looser on one side than the other. For the price I paid and how often I wear them, I can live with those tiny faults. If you find you are picky about those sorts of things, sticking to in-person stores will be your best bet.
- The more intricate the design is, the less likely it is to look like that in real life. From my experience, I have found it’s better to purchase bikinis with simpler designs. It’s much more likely you will get what you see and not be disappointed when it arrives and ends up looking nothing like the photo.
- Lookup keywords of bikinis you like to find the best price. There’s an overwhelming amount of sellers on Aliexpress and the prices can vary a lot. It’s best to try to look up keywords (e.g. strappy pink bikini, cut out black bikini) to see if you can find the same bikini from another seller for cheaper.
Here is the list of bikinis I have personally bought from Aliexpress:
- Purple Tie-Up Bikini (As pictured above) ($12.04)
- Black and Pink Bandage Bikini ($10.71)
- Maroon Strappy Bikini (As pictured below) ($12.04)
4. Leaf Print Bikini ($14.45)
5. Triangl Inspired Bikini ($14.76)
6. Marble Bikini (As pictured below) ($12.83)
7. Black Strappy Bikini ($14.71)
8. Neon Yellow and Pink Bandage Bikini ($10.81)
These are ones I have not tried but also love the style of:
9. Triangle Leaf Bikini ($11.28)
10. White Cow Skull Halter Bikini ($5.64)
11. Strapless Off-Shoulder Bikini ($12.55)
12. High Neck Bandage Swimsuit ($8.16)
13. Front Knotted Bikini ($11.07)
14. High Halter Neck Leaf Print ($15.07)
15. Criss Cross Halter Bikini ($9.09)
There you have it! I hope this guide helps you feel more comfortable buying bikinis online. If you have any specific questions about the fit of any of the ones I purchased, I’d be happy to help.